Friday, July 31, 2009

We are family!!

After six and a half weeks of being a single parent, I was greatly anticipating Danny's arrival at O'Hare yesterday!  We all missed him sooooo much!  Of course, I got tears in my eyes when I saw him coming out of the baggage claim area, but my hugs came last because the kids mobbed him immediately!!  It was wonderful to be reunited and be a complete family again!
Today we spent the morning power shopping and then we spent time in the lovely fresh air!  We went to Independence Grove and rented bicycle things and rode all around the lake, Danny and I went on a run, and then we had a delicious grilled dinner outside!!  After dinner, Danny and I took the kids to Dairy Queen and then on a walk around the block.  In typical Eensie fashion, he asked me, "If we go on a walk, do I have to walk?!"  The walk was his idea because he said it was a "nice night", but he wonders if he has to walk...



It was fun fantasizing that we were a "normal" American family again!!


No comments: