Saturday, July 4, 2009

Stock Car Races...

Yes, "I was born in a small town..." and not too far away, we have stock car races! My grandpa Kimler loved (and I mean really loved) the stock car races. Every Friday night we knew exactly where he was and where he was sitting!! I can only remember going one time with my grandpa to this weekly event. I probably went just to hang out with my cousins, because I've never really understood the whole racing phenomenon! My aunts and cousins still continue to go to the races and so mom thought it would be a good idea if we took the kids last night. There were fireworks and it was definitely something they won't see in China, so I thought no harm could be done!!

Well, I might have some racing fans on my hand! The kids loved the cars and didn't mind the noise at all! El at one point asked, "Mommy, where can I get one of those racing t-shirts?" This coming from my little girlie girl who only wants to wear dresses!! I'm not sure Danny will be so happy about this! We only had one minor incident when Coop fell head first out of the pick up truck bed! Eens was mad I made them leave after the fireworks, he really wanted to stay and watch more racing!!






It is not a good idea to let my crazy aunts drive a golf cart!!!

I guess we'll be going back next year...thanks for the memories!!

No comments: