Friday, July 31, 2009

Our journey begins...

Yesterday we began our journey back to China (with a stopover at Danny's parents for 1 1/2 weeks!)!  My mom drove the kids and I up to Danny's parents' house where we unloaded two 70 pound suitcases, two 50 pound suitcases, three extremely full duffle bags, and numerous little bags holding items waiting for a home (Danny's empty suitcases would nice!)!!  I'm still quite proud of my packing skills - all of this, plus my lovely children (who had to sit way too close for 3 hours!) fit into a minivan!!  I have proof...
  
Unfortunately, starting the journey means saying good-bye to my family.  I thought it might get easier, but I can now verify that it is still heartbreaking.  We had such a wonderful summer together and I cannot thank everyone enough for housing us, feeding us, and yes, grandma, doing most of my laundry!  We will all miss our "small town" life...Ellie will probably miss the freedom and bike riding, Eens will miss fighting with the dogs daily and his dose of Phineas and Ferb, Coop will miss "coffee" (aka chocolate milk) and bird watching every morning with great grandma, and I will miss, I guess, I will miss it all!!  Thank you so much and I love you all!!


Sorry Rob, Steph, Steph, and Jeff...I forgot to take pictures when you were over, but thank you so much for coming to say good-bye!!

No comments: