Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Trip to the ER!

Don't get too worried, all is well, we just had a little scare on Wednesday night!

I took El and Eens to Bettendorf to visit their friends, and to go to a going away party for our very good friends and neighbors' children. I thought it was a good idea for the kids to see that some of their friends also have to say good-bye and they are not the only ones! They had a great time jumping right back into playing with friends from our old neighborhood and El's elementary school! I was actually able to sit and chat the whole time with my friends (which is a rare occurrence!). I gave my munchkins the "five minute warning" and set off to say good-bye to everyone! A couple of minutes before we were about to leave, El comes limping over to me and sits down on the bench - I look down at her leg and see a bump the size of an egg popping out. She isn't crying so my neighbor thinks maybe I should ice it and give her Tylenol before rushing her to the ER (she knows me so well, I'm sad they are moving to Des Moines, but I also know that it is a great move for their family!)!! I go back to Ang's house with our other very dear friend Julie and her little girl (they are moving too, the whole neighborhood is falling apart!!) and she helps me get El situated. After about 20 minutes of icing, the swelling has not gone down at all so I decide that instead of worrying all night, I'll just take her in!

I obviously haven't been gone long enough because the triage nurse asked me where I had been lately!! Hehe!! Yes, I have been to the ER more than I would like to admit! After we were put into a room we iced it some more and then the doctor decided to do an x-ray because it was right on the bone. Thankfully, there was no break and we were released with a prescription for more icing, Tylenol and a bit of rest!!

Thanks Angie and Julie for all of the help!! Once again, you guys came to our rescue!!

No comments: