Monday, August 3, 2009

Life's a Beach!!

After almost two months of begging to go to a beach (there are not too many in central Illinois!), the kids finally got their wish on Sunday.  We went back to the same park we were at for our bike ride and played at the beach after a picnic lunch, which El insisted on Taco Bell!!  The kids were so content playing in the sand, which I was thankful for because the water was freezing.  Of course, Coop, my fearless boy, continued to run into the water and back out even after his lips were turning blue!!  

We built a long river that went straight back to the water, a waterfall that turned into a volcano, and Ellie perfected her sand bridges!!  Uncle Mike even joined us for part of the time and the kids were happy to show off for him!!



After our day at the beach Danny and I were both very excited to go to Bob Chin's (one of our favorite US restaurants!) to eat with the family!!  It's great for kids because it is always loud and the tables are large!  Right after we sat down Coop decided he didn't feel good.  We assumed he was hungry and whining, so I took him to the potty a few times.  This didn't seem to help so I gave him a little bit of roll.  Big mistake, he coughed and we all got a little surprise.  Again, mommy and daddy know best so we just thought that he got so upset he made himself sick.  Surely a little walk with mommy to the salad bar would help him feel better.  Not quite, right as I finished making my salad, his hand went up over his mouth and I had to leave my salad and run to the nearest bathroom.  Once again, it must have been a fluke, so we decided that a little fresh air would help him.  He went outside with Nai Nai so I could actually eat (by this time everyone else was pretty much done!).  Danny went out to get him and he sat on my lap for a total of 30 seconds when Danny started saying rather loudly, "Put him down, put him down...".  The third time was a charm because this time he emptied his entire stomach all over the table.  I guess next time when he says he doesn't feel good, we'll listen!!!


Eensie also surprised us a little when he, my dear picky eater, decided to try crab.  His daddy was so proud of him.  I secretly think he was trying to impress Uncle Mike!!  I'm not sure where we'll find "fresh" crab in China!

All in all, it was a great day in the "fantasy" life of the St. Martin's!!

No comments: