Saturday, July 4, 2009

Friends Forever!!

Over the past two weeks we have made numerous trips to Bettendorf to spend time with our friends who we miss dearly while we are in China! As is common in my life, when I first moved to Bettendorf I was truly hoping and praying we would be transferred sooner rather than later, and then when we knew our luck was running out after 6 years of being there, I was heartbroken. Bettendorf became our home. Ellie was only 9 months old when we moved there and both boys were born there, so to us, this is "home". The kids associate this lovely city in Iowa as the place where most of their memories have been made and their best friends live. Like I said, I never would have thought when we first moved there that I would ever miss it when we were gone, but I do miss it and most of all I miss the people who made it such a special place for our family!!
We are once again so blessed to have so many friends who open up their homes to us while we are visiting!! We are getting to be pros at packing the backpack for sleepovers!! We love you all!!

No comments: