Saturday, July 25, 2009

Magical Moments

One of my favorite places to vacation is Disney World...I love the way the kids get that magical look in their eye and during the time we are there, we are all transformed into kids again.  I love all of the special touches Disney adds to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible.  I love the fact that they are constantly improving and listening to what guests say.  I love that all of my kids find something that excites them.  I love to watch them act out a ride or show that they saw, weeks or months later, knowing that we created memories even at the ripe age of 3!  This visit I found that I also loved listening to all of the accents and trying to figure out where visitors were traveling from.  I love the fact that regardless of where we are from or what language we speak, we can all have a wonderful time and make memories that will last a lifetime!

This trip started out as a long weekend, but once my mom and I found airfare and decided where to stay we came to the conclusion, what's a few more nights?  We ended up spending 6 nights in a cabin (first time and no, I was not roughing it!) on Disney property and loved it.  We got to experience all of the things that make Disney so much fun, but at the end of the day we got to relax in our own space that didn't scream Mickey Mouse!  We also had a kitchen so we could make breakfast and have snacks anytime.  The kids had their own room with bunk beds, so they were overjoyed!  Steph joined us for the first 4 nights which was so much fun, even though I'm pretty sure she cheated on Phase 10!  Rob also came for two nights, so at one point we had 4 adults versus 3 children - the odds were in our favor!!  The kids behavior was shockingly great, although I did get a very small Croc thrown towards me one night...we won't name names!!

I loved finally being able to focus on the kids this summer.  We have, of course, been together all summer, but between meeting up with friends and family, shopping for our return to China, and  trying to fit in all kinds of experiences we can't do in China, I feel as though I really haven't had quality time with them.  This holiday was spent with few phone calls (only to daddy and T) and no internet...which meant I was all theirs and I loved every minute of it!!

A ride on the boat to the Magic Kingdom...brotherly love!
Feeling right at "home" in Epcot!
Life is good!!
Where are Chip and Dale?  Waiting for the silly chipmunks at the campfire!
Soaked after the Kali River Rapids!!  It felt good in the 100 degree weather!
Eens loving his pumpkins!
Where is she??  Watching and waiting for Tink to fly...we finally got to see her after several failed attempts on previous visits!
Eensie was finally brave enough to ride the Pirates of the Carribean...it was a hit along with the Haunted Mansion!!
Cooling off!
A brief afternoon downpour, but it only lasted for a short time!
Uncle Rob and the boys!
Coop's first "roller coaster"!
I think the car says it all!!
The little fan wasn't enough!  I attempted to be frugal with the Dollar General fan, but in the end, I ended up buying the $16 Disney one that sprays water!!
What a fantastic trip!!

No comments: