Saturday, July 4, 2009

Cousin Lovin!!

Last weekend we were delighted to spend almost three whole days with my sister and her kids!! El and Gracie played so nicely together, Coop and Jacks were hilarious, and poor Eens wasn't sure where he fit in, but he had fun just the same!! And baby Gillian just got lots of hugs when I was "allowed" to hold her (she really loves her mommy!!)! We went to my brother's new house for a cook out - I'm pretty sure we were great birth control for him and Steph! There were 6 kids there 7 and under, and T and I were both on our own!! Imagine the chaos that ensued!! Afterwards T and I took the kids back to her house for a sleepover! Besides a crazy, windy storm that went through, it was really fun!!
On Sunday we played outside and watched a very drawn out production on Grace and Jackson's stage! Then I brought Gracie back to my mom's house for her first sleepover away from her mommy and daddy! Again, our family is full of drama and Grace is definitely no exception. She packed a picture of T and Chris to bring and then as she said good-bye to Jackson she was crying. I believe somewhere along the way she also told my sister to stop being mean to her because it was her last day there!!! Too funny!! We made it to mom's and took them to see Up (which I thought was really sweet, even though some say it is depressing)! That took her mind off of being away from home and I think she had a fun time!!
On Monday we met up with my sisters at the zoo. My kids were more interested in the sprinkler park than seeing the animals, so thankfully the zoo in Bloomington is really small!! And, thankfully there were no monkeys chasing Eens!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Grace sounds like Teri when you guys would come to Oakwood to spend the night!!!

The St. Martin's said...

Yes, and do you remember the time she threw up on our way over??!! Grace is just like her!! Hope you had a great vacation!! I would love to see you when we are in Chicago - maybe I could bring the kids swimming???