Sunday, July 5, 2009

While the wives are away...

The boys must play!! You are probably wondering how my dear husband is holding up being in China all by himself??!! He is actually doing just fine, which I am so happy about, it makes me feel less guilty about the credit card bill!! We both miss each other a ton, and he really misses the kids, I think he may even miss all of the noise that they create, but we are thankful for Skype because it has allowed us to "see" each other quite a bit. It makes that big ocean that seperates us seem a little bit smaller! The kids and I are counting down the days until he flies into the US...only 25 more days!!

This weekend Danny and two of his buddies celebrated his birthday a little late with a trip to Shaolin, China. I arranged the trip in May while we were all away so he would have something to look forward too!! Shaolin is the birthplace of kung fu and he has been talking about going there ever since we found out we were moving to China! He loves kung fu, and he has been raving about his trip! They were able to spend an entire day at the monastery where the training is done. They watched demonstrations and then in the evening they watched an amazing outdoor show that he said took place between two mountains!! The picture looked beautiful that I saw, yet I'm sure it did not do it justice!! Here are some of the pics Danny sent to me...apparently his next job will be as a kung fu master!!



No comments: