Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Three sheets of love...

Last night Danny and I worked late into the night to finish my Grandma Kimler's homemade egg noodles for our Thanksgiving dinner! As we were mixing, kneading, waiting, rolling, and cutting the little noodles out, I couldn't help but remember my grandma and all of the memories of previous Thanksgivings with her!! Every Thanksgiving I can remember, my grandma made these noodles. There were a couple of times when I accused her of buying them and I'm pretty sure I got "the look" from her. There was one time when Aunt Kathy, without realizing it until it was too late, cooked them in Italian seasoned chicken broth - I think we all almost cried because those silly noodles tasted terrible!! Looking back, I know it wasn't the noodles that were important, it was our family being all together making memories that make us laugh and sometimes even cry!
I will miss being with my family terribly this holiday - it seems to me like I have to say that too often! But I know I'll be sharing noodle memories with my extended family in China and making memories with them too!! God bless you all and enjoy the next few days spent with family.
I miss you so much grandma - I know you are smiling down and wishing I had paid more attention in how to properly cut the nooodles!!

No comments: