Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cooking with Kindergarten!

When the form came home asking if moms would like to come in and cook with kindergarteners, honestly, I hesitated! What in the world do I cook that is easy and yummy for a kindergartener. In the states, I am a pro at convenient cooking (half made from scratch, half made from a box), but here, most things have to be made from scratch. Hmmm...I really wanted to spend time with Eens, so I finally decided that I could make English muffin pizzas. All of the kids could be involved in putting on the toppings and cheese on their own pizza and I would make it easier by toasting the muffins first and then just sticking them in the microwave to melt the cheese - I was on a time limit and the kids were hungry!! An added bonus was that I still had one squeeze bottle left of pizza sauce from the states! It ended up being a very successful endeavor!! The kids topping of choice was ham - I wouldn't have guessed that!!

No comments: