Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The decorations are up early this year!!

This past Sunday we began putting up the Christmas tree. I am well aware of the fact that we have not even made it to Thanksgiving, however we did this for a special little boy in central Illinois. I started following this little boy's story a couple of months ago from a friend's facebook status (thanks Michelle!). He lives in the same town as my brother and sister-in-law, so I continued reading his mom's updates as he was being treated for cancer at St. Jude's. The little boy, Dax, has exhausted his options for treatment now, so his mom and dad brought him home for as long as they can. He loves Christmas lights so his neighborhood decided to put up their Christmas lights early and they are calling the tribute Decorate for Dax! People all over the United States have begun to string their lights in honor of this sweet baby, so I thought we should follow suit and do the same thing here. When neighbors ask why I have my tree up, I tell them this little boy's story and ask them to pray for him and his family. I know the power of prayer, thanks to my little miracle, and I truly hope this family receives a miracle this holiday season.
Merry Christmas Dax and family! Thank you for sharing your story and reminding us how precious each and every minute of every day is. We will continue to pray for healing, comfort, and peace!

No comments: