Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Coop's Last Day at Gymboree

Last week we had to say good-bye to Coop's teachers at Gymboree because he starts nursery this week!! Honestly, it wasn't particularly sad for me - I get a bit antsy sitting in those classes. The art class was much more tolerable than the gym class! I like to help Coop get a bit messy in someone else's space and then take home cute little art projects! I do not like acting like a horse and rooster for 45 minutes in gym class trying to pretend I am eating blocks, and at the same time acting excited so Coop may or may not participate depending on his mood. He probably thought the whole thing was a bit over the top too!!

This is Coop and Miss Cherry (you have to love the English names they give themselves!! That could be a whole post by itself!). He will miss her - she taught both classes and always paid a lot of attention to him!!
He insisted, once again, on wearing the Buzz Lightyear costume for his final gym class. When he dresses up, none of the other kids will come near him. I can only imagine what is going through their minds! On his last day, I was a bad parent and didn't force him to participate in all of the nonsense of pretending to be farm animals, instead, I let him run around and play on all the equipment! It was probably the most enjoyable gym class that I had been to with him!
You see, they want him to be a pig, but he has no interest. He would rather blast off as Buzz!!

1 comment:

Nai-Nai said...

I think that it is ABSOLUTELY hilarious that no one will go near The Coop when he has his Buzz Light outfit on. Ha, ha...if I had known that, I would have borrowed it when I was working...