Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What's for Dinner?

I have had many, many people ask me, "What does your ayi cook for you?". I must start out by saying that Danny and I have always wanted a cook - I don't mind cooking, but it always disrupts my time with the kids and it usually needs to be done when everyone is crabby. Now that we have our ayi cook for us Monday through Friday, I am able to help El with her homework, read with all of the munchkins, play a little rough with the boys, and get everything ready for bed. It is definitely a treat and I do feel spoiled pretty much everyday! She enjoys cooking for us and makes delicious meals. Most nights there will be two different meat dishes (we prefer chicken or pork, the beef is not all that good here), rice, and a plate of freshly cut fruit! Dinner at our house is truly a family event because we can all sit down together and talk, which is such a blessing and a wonderful way to find out about what the kids did in school! After we finish we give ayi all of our leftovers to take home to her dog, "Bebe"!!

I know once we come back to the states, there is no way we can afford this luxury, so I will enjoy and be thankful for every dinner I don't have to cook!!!! Here is a picture of some typical dishes...




And here is what we eat when I have to make dinner (which thankfully isn't very often!!)!

1 comment:

Nai-Nai said...

As I have always told my family: to have a personal cook and, for me a Chinese cook, is a sign that you "have made it!" Congratulations and ayi does cook some great meals. Your baking, especially your cookies, tops off the meal just right.

Love you.