Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy 7 Birthday Ellie Bean!!

I cannot believe that my little El is seven years old. I've watched her grow before my eyes, but am still shocked to say that she is now 7. She brings so much joy and a little drama into our lives! I can remember the day she was born - it was right after midnight and right on her due date. That should have been a warning sign for what was to come. She wants to please (thankfully she did not arrive past her due date!), she is a perfectionist in many ways, and she is a wonderful daughter, sister, and friend!! El is and always will be a free spirit - many times she beats to a different drum, but that's what makes the journey with her so much fun! She loves her family and I have witnessed the way she protects her brothers. Daily she makes sure Eens finds his way to his class and she is always asking Coop how his day was. She has made the transition of moving to China much easier because I watch her open her heart to new people and new ideas and I want to follow in her footsteps. She is amazing in every way and I am so proud that she is my daughter!

We had to celebrate a little differently this year, but I think El may have gotten more spoiled than usual! We had a skype breakfast party this morning with my mom, great grandma and grandpa, Aunt Steph, and Jeff! They got to sing and watch El open presents! Ellie has been receiving a package almost every other day from friends and family filled with goodies that we cannot find here - thank you so much everyone!!! She took some cupcakes to school to share with her friends. Later in the day ayi celebrated with her and then Grace from Rego brought a cake to her (it's still in the fridge - treat overload has occurred!!). After that we went to the Sheraton to celebrate Thanksgiving! El is having a few friends over on Sunday for a Barbie birthday party - I'll post more on that later!



Happy 7th Birthday El!!!

No comments: