Friday, November 14, 2008

And We're Off!!

We are flying out tomorrow morning for Sanya, China for a little beach vacation! Actually, Danny has to go to meetings the majority of the time, so the kids and I will be enjoying the sun and sand! Sanya is on an island at the southern most tip of China. Danny has heard people call it the "Hawaii of China". I'll let you know if that is the case! There is one tiny little problem we learned of today on the island, there is a taxi strike! Here's what Danny got in an e-mail...Taxi drivers in Sanya, China, strike for third consecutive day Nov. 12.Expect crowded public transportation and travel delays. It looks like we'll be doing a little walking!

We have hit the wall here as they say (wondering what in the world made you decide it was a good idea to pack up and move to China away from your friends and family!), so a little getaway could not have come at a better time!

I'm not sure what sparked my sudden negative attitude towards being here...maybe it was the fact that we have had to call and complain about lack of hot water once a week since we got here, or maybe it was the sink that has now leaked 5 times, or maybe it is because I feel like I can never get anything accomplished even with full time help, or maybe, most probably, it is because I miss my family and friends a ton. From Thanksgiving until New Years is my favorite time of year! I love all of the excitement in the air, the decorations, the picking out of gifts, making sweets, and most of all being with the people I love. I am truly going to miss that this year!

Enough of my complaining!! I'm off to finish packing!! Have a great weekend and I'll try to post from Sanya if we have an internet connection!! One never knows in China!!!

1 comment:

Nai-Nai said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip! I have read that it is the Hawaii of China. You all have deserved the time off (even though Daniel has to work) and, hopefully, things will be a bit more sorted out when you return. I have often thought of what it must have been like when my parents came here. I think my mother was scared to death but they made it and you will too. Love to all and we are looking forward to hearing about your trip. See, you have tons of material for your blog, a best selling book and a movie...!

Love you all!