Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Update on Potty Training

I posted a few weeks ago about beginning to potty train Coop. He is very anal (I wonder who he gets that from?!!) and I thought he would be pretty easy, but, I had no idea he would be as easy as he was! We are almost 4 weeks in and we have only had about 5 accidents total - none in the past 2 weeks! This included us going away to Sanya, so we even have the travelling covered!! I'm not trying to brag, but Eens took forever to train, so I am delighted that Coop has been so easy!
Of course, in St. Martin style we always have to have at least one story that diverts anything from being completely easy! After talking to our friend here who has children Eens and Coop's age, she suggested that we always travel with a potty in the van because you never know where you will find a restroom here, and if you do find one, you may not want to enter! So we brought a potty along for the ride on our way to and from the airport in Beijing (this is about a 1 1/2 hour trip!). Thankfully we did, here's why...
My friend was sweet enough to bring me back this fantastic "car" potty from Edinburgh this week. It is really quite interesting and I am excited to go on our next rode trip just to see if it works - it is so compact!! Obviously we are both very excited about potty training our two year olds!!!

No comments: