Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween at IST

This year we celebrated Halloween at school a week late due to United Nations day. I am somehow "head" roomparent for El's room, so I was busy trying to organize the party. Most countries that are represented at our school do not understand the concept of room parent so my job was a little more difficult than in the states. I requested food and drinks and only heard back from 2 parents. We ended up with plenty, but I was stressed running around trying to buy stuff to make sure there would be enough food!! The parents did not realize they should let me know what they were bringing! We also organized the game where the kids touch food "body" parts and try to figure out what it is! The kids had a ton of fun and I enjoyed spending the afternoon with El!
We also had a pumpkin carving contest. We carved a vampire Mickey (thanks Aunt T!) and didn't win. Eens insisted that if we had carved the Goofy frankenstein we would have won for sure! Next year, maybe!!
This was Danny's favorite costume!! Pretty creative and a little disturbing!!

No comments: