Sunday, June 13, 2010

Shoptastic!!

Not only is Steph super sporty, she is also a fantastic shopper! Because of this, I decided that an entire day should be devoted to shopping in Beijing! We started the morning with a ride on the fast train in hopes that we would arrive to the shops quicker than if we took a car! The train, of course, delivered it’s promise and got us to Beijing in 27 minutes, however the taxi driver took the slowest route possible, so we were stuck in the taxi for almost 45 minutes!


We started our shopping spree at Yashow (a smaller, tamer version of the silk market!). Steph had a necklace handmade for her upcoming wedding. It is really pretty, so I hope it matches her dress! She picked out the pearls and the clasp - which is a really cool flower! After that we went shoe shopping in the basement. The shoes must be fakes, but they seem to be good quality! I guess time will tell after the kids wear them this summer!


After our morning shopping, we were famished, so we went to try a restaurant close by which had rave reviews from some of my friends! It was called Mosto and it was delicious! I had a gorgonzola risotto with plums - too rich to eat the whole thing, but very yummy! Steph had a pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and fresh parmesan - it was another good choice! We were completely stuffed after we finished lunch, so we decided to walk and experience some of the local flair of Beijing on our way to the Silk Market!


All I can say is Steph was in heaven at the Silk Market. We bought some gifts on the upper floors and then headed to the basement for the purses!! Steph takes her shopping very seriously, so I allotted an hour for her to purse shop (even that wasn’t enough!). I use the same lady all of the time so I don’t have to bargain and she just goes and brings everything to us. It is much more convenient this way and saves me from a big headache! Steph walked out with a large black garbage bag full of wonderful goodies!!

At the end of our long shopping day, my driver was waiting for us to take us home!! I think our day was a big success!!

No comments: