Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Beating the Heat!!

We have been doing everything we can to stay cool over these past two weeks! The temperatures have been in the 90’s since we arrived at my parent’s house and we are loving every minute of it! Last year we did not get to spend nearly enough time at the pool because it was unseasonably cool the entire time we were back! This summer we have been in the pirate pool numerous times, the slip and slide, splash parks, and to the pool! Ellie loves the water and has since she was about 4, and I am happy to report that Eens and Coop are now becoming little fish. Eens played in 3 foot of water all by himself and Coop dumps or puts his head under water any chance he gets! I love the water, so I really want them to feel comfortable and safe while they are swimming. I’m looking forward to the time when they can go to swim lessons and learn the basics, but I guess it will be easier for them if they are already comfortable in the water!


Eens hiding from me under the water!!
El after going down one of the slides!
Eens stuck to the small slides - he said maybe when he is 8 he will go down the big ones!!
Coop, the fish, swimming in the little pool!!
El and Gracie at a splash park!
Sweet Gillian!
Cool Eens (so cool in fact that he did not get in his swim trunks!) with his funny cousin Jackson!


I'm pretty sure we are not depriving them from the joys of childhood this summer!! We're just hoping that the weather continues to be nice so we can enjoy the fresh, clean air!!

No comments: