Monday, June 21, 2010

One Day at a Time

The kids and I have now been in the US for 9 days and we are all just starting to feel "normal"!! This round of jet lag has by far been the worst. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that we have lived in China for two years and spend 10 months out of the year in that time zone, so now coming to America, is completely "abnormal" for us?!! I am just thankful that I can think straight again! I told my sister several times over this past week that strange thoughts kept going through my head and I really had to stop myself from giggling at inappropriate times.

The first few nights after we arrived I had either Eens or Coop up throughout the night. I then introduced my friend Benadryl to them and they started to sleep. Of course, right when I get them sleeping through the night, I start staying up till all hours and then wanting to sleep very late in the morning! I am very thankful for all of the help I have received during this time, but I sense that my mom would really like to get our day started before 11 or 12!!!

We have a very full summer this year and I anticipate that it will fly by!! Last week we recuperated, this week we have a full week of appointments and visits with friends, next week more visiting with friends and family, then a week in Florida to relax, and finally it will be wedding time!!! After the wedding, Danny will stay with us in the US until we go back to China to start our FINAL year!!! I think it is going to be a wonderful summer holiday!!

No comments: