Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Second Time Around was Not Any Better!!

Steph and I have always liked a little adventure and we both enjoy being active! She is the only reason I was able to finish the Chicago Marathon!! So, I thought it would be a great idea to try and conquer my fear of the Great Wall with her! On Monday, I took her to the same part of the Wall that Danny and I ran last year. I had high hopes that this time I would be brave and not clinging to the railing (when there was only about 1 foot between me and the drop off!)! Unfortunately, the Wall defeated me once again, and I am still feeling "her" pain as I walk down my stairs!! Steph, on the other hand, made the whole hike seem like the easiest thing in the world! In fact, at one point, as I'm holding on for dear life, she is waltzing down the slope talking to Jeff on the phone!
We're still all smiles here!!Skype even works on the Great Wall - pretty cool!!Steph finally got a little intimidated towards the end of the hike! It was like a ramp with a big drop off! We felt a bit bad because there was a school group of children who were probably 9 - 10 and we had to tell the sweet things to go around us! Neither of us were letting go of the Wall- not even for a second!
The Wall is still very majestic to me - it is such a remarkable piece of man's work! And, I probably will try this part again - third times a charm, right?!!!

No comments: