Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I can see clearly now!!

Today I hired what I thought would be two men to clean my windows. I really haven't been able to see out of them since we moved last November, but I kept forgetting to find someone to clean them. My ayi made it very clear when we lived at our old house that the cleaning people would clean the windows, she did not have to. I continue to ask myself who is the boss...she won't help in the garden and now she won't clean windows??? Regardless, I was desperate to enjoy the beautiful blue sky days we have been having so I hired these men to come today! They showed up along with another ten people. They took over my house for almost three hours. This entire production cost me a little over $40, which I thought was a great deal considering I have over 30 very large windows plus two skylights and three glass doors opening up to various patios! Most labor jobs are very inexpensive here due to the large number of people searching for work, however, most of the time you get what you pay for. This time, I was very impressed with the quality of work, and I think their service was worth more than what I gave them!

All the workers arrived on their bikes! My driver had no place to park after they were all there!!
This gentleman cleaned all of the outside windows with his very long pole and ladder!!
And tonight, this is the view out of my perfectly clear window!!!

No comments: