Saturday, June 20, 2009

Will she make it??

On Thursday, Danny and I took mom and dad to the Great Wall!  I was again in awe of this amazing structure!  We decided this time to do the "left" side since we did the "right" side on our run and I was not about to attempt that again!  Plus, I really was fearful my mom may ask our driver to drive her directly to the airport if she was forced to walk on a cliff!!
She's still smiling - she has no idea what we were about to encounter!!

Yep, Dad and Dan made it up this part of the Wall!  I made it halfway before fear gripped me and I realized I had to go back down!  Mom didn't even attempt it!
She's still not that mad at me!  If you look in the background, you can see the "right" side, which is what we ran on!!
Here is another picture of the "right" side!!  It really does just snake through the mountain - amazing!!
She's not real happy here.  I believe she said something like she couldn't breath!!  I'm such a good daughter, I giggled and pulled her up further!!  I didn't want her to miss any of her "China experience"!!
What a good son-in-law, he made sure she made it down the last part of the Wall and these are the toilets that were waiting for us!!  Yes, there are several holes in the ground!
To celebrate a job well done, we took mom and dad to the Jing Jin City Hyatt Hotel to eat lunch.  This hotel is quite exquisite to be sitting in the middle of nowhere (actually it is halfway between the Tianjin Great Wall and Tianjin).  Apparently, a Chinese entrepreneur built it and then sold it to the Hyatt.  After seeing it, I've decided it will be a great little weekend escape for us this fall!



No comments: