Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Rainy Day Exploring

"It never rains in Beijing!" I have constantly told my mom this, so of course, on their first full day in Beijing, it downpoured!! Of course, with my optimistic attitude, I told everyone that it would surely not rain all morning, so we should go ahead and go to the Summer Palace! After sitting in a bit of traffic and constant rain, we made it to the Summer Palace. Danny continued to say that maybe we should skip it, but I forged ahead and we got our umbrellas. We lasted for about 30 minutes, enough to get a few pictures!!

After our short stay, I finally gave up on my "schedule" for the day, and we decided to go to McDonald's and Silk Street for a little afternoon entertainment! My mom and dad were completely overwhelmed by the grabbing and "hey lady" going ons that always accompany a trip to the Silk Market! It was a good preview for our "big" shop on Tuesday!!

The rain finally stopped in the late afternoon! We took my parents to a highly recomended restaurant, The Tree. They learned first hand how frustrating it is to find places the first time! Now granted, this place was literally hidden in a dark alley!! Dan finally found it by wandering through the alley. Upon first glance, we all thought we should probably turn around and find someplace else, but since it took so much effort to find it, we decided to try it! They served woodfired pizza, which I thought were very good!! It was definitely a great place to freak first time visitors out!!

On our way to the restaurant!!
Has jet lag hit???

After finishing our yummy pizzas, we wandered to The Village shopping area to have a look around before heading to the Acrobatic show!

No comments: