Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Parties Galore!

We celebrated Eensie's 5th birthday with his class on Sunday! He decided that he wanted to invite his whole class a couple of months ago, so I reluctantly agreed (5 is a pretty significant age!!), not having a clue where I would have the party. It's not like in the states where you can rent bounce houses or go to Chuck E Cheese, I had to put my creativity hat on to come up with some ideas! Finally what emerged was a water party...we had water guns, water balloons, and water games (fill the bucket with a hole in the cup relay, toss the ball into the water, fishing in a baby pool!). Thankfully it was a beautiful 90 degree day, so the water felt fantastic and the kids dried quickly!!
Danny also had to put on his creativity hat to decorate the cakes! Ethan and him finally decided on monster cakes! On Sunday morning Eensie helped his daddy perfect the cakes! He loved putting candies on for the face - he is quite the creative little boy and my dear husband cook probably go into decorating cakes for a living!!
Eensie received some great gifts from his friends, including burst a balls, transformers, Ben 10 figures, Legos, and remote control cars, but I think his favorite was his backpack on wheels!! He has stored all of his treasures in there and keeps telling me he is ready for the airport!! The only thing is, he keeps putting a water bottle on the side and I keep telling him security won't let him through with that (hehe)!!
After Eensie's friend party I decided that one party just wasn't enough for the day, I mean, I had the tables all set up and it is easy enough to double recipes, so I invited all of the families in our compound for dinner. I'm not superwoman, so I have to admit that I did have the main dishes catered, and everyone brought a little something to add to the spread! The kids in the compound had more water gun fights and the water balloons were gone in a matter of minutes! It was a great opportunity to relax with all of our lovely friends before we all fly off to our home countries for the summer. I am very grateful that this was not a good-bye party - amazingly, all of the families will be here for at least another year!
After entertaining about 70 people over the course of 7 hours, I was completely exhausted, but also, once again overwhelmed by the many blessings we have in our lives!! I am very, very thankful!!

No comments: