Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's Time for Summer!!

Our 10 days with my parents went by way too fast...before we knew it, it was Sunday and we had to pack up and head to the airport.  I'm not sure how we did it, but we managed to fit 12 large suitcases/duffle bags, 6 carry ons, 3 pillows, a double stroller, a child sized driver (it wouldn't fit with the rest of the golf bag in my luggage), a carseat, two drivers, and seven family members in two mini vans!!
The kids and I were very sad to say good-bye to Danny.  I cried, so Ellie cried, and my dad was probably wondering what in the world he was going to do on a 13 hour flight with two very emotional females!!  The nature of our expat life in China is that during the summer holiday, most (not all) wives and children go back to their home countries.  The main reason for this is to be with family and friends that we have missed horribly over the past year, but another reason is that Tianjin gets so hot that most people stay in during the day so there is really not a lot to do during the summer when school is not in session.  I do have to admit though, I got choked up saying good-bye to our friends and our ayi - we're only gone for 8 weeks, but I guess that shows how emotionally attached I have become!! 
Luckily, in the airport we ran into friends from Tianjin (small world, huh?) so the kids had fun riding the train to our terminal!!
We're off to America!!  And at this time, praying the kids will sleep on the plane (which they did!!)!!


No comments: