Tuesday, June 9, 2009

They've Arrived!!

On Friday, after months of planning and waiting, my mom and dad arrived in Beijing! Ellie and I went to the airport to meet them. It seemed like we were waiting forever for them to finally come through the arrival gates! We were extremely worried because the quarantine policy right now is if anyone 3 rows in front or 3 rows behind you has a fever or flu like symptoms, eveyone in those rows has to be quarantined! My mom said that at O'hare, they continued to come over the speakers and warn everyone that if they were sick, they should reschedule!
Seeing my parents for the first time in 5 1/2 months brought tears to my eyes!! I was so happy to hug them and excited to show them how we live our life here in China!! I hope they can understand, in this short amount of time, why we find it so fascinating and frustrating all at the same time living far away from home!
We had a surprise waiting for them after we picked them up, we had been upgraded to the penthouse apartment at the hotel!! It was perfect because mom and dad had their own private suite on the first floor close to the living room and kitchen, and then the rest of us all had rooms upstairs with another family room!! Thank goodness for the quiet so they could actually sleep! Jet lag is not fun!!

No comments: