Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Chocolate Massage to Cure Jet Lag...

or, unbeknownst to the recipients a bit of detox!! Yes, I traumatized my mom on her third full day in China!! I decided that she should be treated to a nice massage and facial at the Sheraton, so we signed up for one of the specials of the month, chocolate massage and wrap with a chocolate facial!! How much harm can a little chocolate do??? We started out enjoying a nice relaxing massage and then they did a scrub, which was interesting and smelled of chocolate. After that they put what looked like chocolate pudding on us and wrapped us up like little babies for 20 minutes!! The entire time, my mom kept asking, "When are we getting a facial?". I kept giggling until I heard one of the ladies saying that the wrap was good for a bit of detox, surely she wasn't serious!!
Unfortunately, she was right!! My mom and I began feeling the effects the next day of our lovely detox that we had unknowingly signed up for!! I must make it clear that China is really not the place you want to be detoxing while sightseeing!! It's been a bit of a challenge, but one of those experiences we will never forget!! And, mom did eventually enjoy her facial!!

No comments: