Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We Have Definitely Made a First Impression!!

So, I decide that I will venture to the first PFO (parent faculty organization) meeting this morning at the school. Of course, I want to be involved in the school and be informed of what is going on since I do not physically go to the school everyday! I realize that I am going to have to bring Cooper because our ayi does not get here before 8:00. No problem, he basically follows me around everywhere I go anyway. I pack my purse full of different foods and books to keep him busy for the 1 1/2 hour meeting. I am feeling like for once, I am truly prepared!! We get to the meeting and mingle with neighbors and some other mom's and then we find a seat close to the door, just in case! Coop does marvelously through the first 45 minutes. He looks at books, colors, and eats. I'm enjoying listening to the directors and teachers when all of a sudden Coop screams, "It hurts" and points to his nose. I didn't think too much about it at first, because he always says, "it hurts" when the air is stinky. Then I looked at him and realize that this time it truly did hurt. Coop had managed to shove granola all the way up his nose!!!! He's screaming, so I take him into the library where I try to get it out, but there is a lot. I decide that I should take him to the nurse because I do not want it to go up any further than it has. The lovely nurse giggles for a minute and explains that her son stuck something in his ear that had to be surgically removed - I at least felt a little better. Then she very carefully removed all of the granola out of his nose!! I think I will forever be know as the mom who lets her kid stick granola up his nose at the PFO meeting!!

I'm off to Chinese lessons...wish me luck, I failed my quiz on Monday!!! Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Nai-Nai said...

Cooper did WHAT??!!!

I cannot imagine what on earth possessed him to do THAT! What can we do to prevent THAT when you come home??!! (Maybe he missed his mouth......?)

Love to all!