Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How to Survive a Chinese Massage

I had to post quickly about my most recent massage...I know, I know...manicures, pedicures, facials, massages. I'm not bragging, this is just how I spend some quiet time reflecting on my new surroundings (yeah right!!!). I'm enjoying the spoiling, but I don't feel very guilty because it is extremely cheap. I think today's 1 hour massage cost me $10.

Anyway, today I went with my neighbor to get a massage. This was a dry massage so all clothing was left on - I don't know my neighbor that well!! They started with my feet - about half of the massage was spent on my feet, which is so different than the US. They work on all of the pressure points in the feet which took a little longer on me than my friend because my feet are so big!!! After the feet she moved to my back. She was about half my size, but it hurt like crazy. At the time I wondered if this was really worth it! She was pushing and I would tense up so she would push harder - ouch!! Then I noticed that she is no longer standing on the floor, she is on the table, straddling over me and putting all of her weight into this massage! I had to stifle my laughter as I was laying there! She finally finished with a little chopping on my back!!

I have to admit that my sinuses have loosened up and I am feeling very relaxed (just in time for the flight tomorrow!) since I had this massage! Maybe I should have gotten a massage instead of going to the SOS yesterday!!!

Off to finish packing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing as I imagine this lady climbing on the table to really knead your muscles!

That's a thought, next time you are sick, go get a message before going to the doctor and see if it helps! I've heard a lot about those pressure points on our feet. And I highly doubt you have big feet---you are such a tiny thing!