Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sunday in the Sun!

Okay, so today is supposed to be the start of Autumn, but yet it is still a balmy 90 degree day! We have been enjoying some beautiful clear days, but the temperatures are still pretty high! I'm sure I will be wishing for warm days in a few months - that's how it goes!!

I took the kids to a family picnic at the school today. The picnic was organized by the 10th grade to earn money for the earthquake victims. There was a run that I did not participate in because I had all three kids with me. A friend told me after the run that her lungs burned from the air quality. I was surprised because she lived in LA before coming here so I thought maybe her lungs had built up some resistance to poor air quality, but apparently I was wrong or else the air quality is just really bad here! They also had tons of food, bounce houses, water games, and face painting. The kids had a great time and I struggled getting them to leave, but I'm on day 9 of single parenting and I need nap time!!! The picnic today made me realize that in the short time we have been here, we have really made quite a few friends. We owe a lot of our friends to our neighbors who have been extremely gracious in introducing us to everyone and always making us feel welcome!!

Here are some pictures from the picnic today...


This is Eens and his new little buddy Benny. I have been informed we are having a playdate this week!! Benny's sister is in first grade with Ellie so maybe I can make it a double playdate! We'll see!

For those of you wandering (Jeannie you understand!!) I am going crazy because we have yet to receive our sea shipment. I have been told for the past 2 weeks that it would be getting delivered any day - it's been packed for 3 months now!! I believe it has made it to Tianjin and it is currently sitting "in line" (I'm not sure what that means because the Chinese people do not believe in lines!!!) to go through customs, duty, and tax. I was really hoping to get it before we leave for the states so I know what to fill my suitcases with!! Oh well, I'll try to continue being patient - but I'm still going crazy!!

We're off for a little swimming at the Sheraton!! Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Megan Ramirez said...

Hi Kim,
I am so glad to read that you and the kids are adjusting so well. You are so sweet and friendly I knew it wouldn't take long. Are the kids speaking Chinese yet? Sounds like you are have a truly wonderful experience. Call me when you are home if you get a chance!Thanks for the updates and for reading Madi's blog. Miss you! Love, Megan