Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On the Top of the World, Looking Down on Tianjin!!



Today as a reward for Ellie and Ethan's great behavior last week when daddy was gone we got to go to the Tianjin TV Tower. The tower is the 6th tallest tower in the world and it is located about 3 blocks from our house. In a previous post I explained how I use it to figure out where I am in the city!! Although it is not far from our house, if we are having a "bad" pollution day, you can barely make it out! Today was a beautiful, hot, clear day, so we took ayi along for the fun!!



The kids are patiently waiting for the elevator to take them to the top!!

Once we arrived at the top, all three kids ran right over to the windows and started picking out all of the familiar sights down below! I, of course, was a little nervous that they were so close to the window, but they didn't have a care in the world! We went up to the rotating floor level and they all tried to figure out which part of the floor was moving while they sipped freshly squeezed apple juice! After we finished searching for places down below, we headed back downstairs! Here are some of the sights we saw...



Even though it was a clear day, you can still see from above how dirty the air is! I think it's time to invest in those air purifiers for the house!

Happy Birthday Mom!! I hope you have a great day - we wish we could be there to help you celebrate!

Our countdown until we land in the states...approximately 172 hours! I'm not excited or anything!!!

2 comments:

Mary Pat said...

Hi Kim- I'm glad Dan is finally coming back 'home' for you and the kids. Wow-what a view from the TV tower! I'm really enjoying all of your posts...The kids look so comfortable there, as if they are only a few hours from Bettendorf. It sounds like you've met lots of new friends to keep you all busy as well. Isn't it amazing how God makes everything work out? We are counting down the days to disney--we leave Sept. 26!!Take care and please let me know what time of day we can call you--mp

Mom said...

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wish....I can't wait to see you guys in less than 7 days either! Jazzi and Mendi can't wait to play with the kids and I know Jenny can't wait even MORE!! I can already hear her howling when she sees you guys!!!Love you, Love, Mom