Sunday, January 17, 2010

Second Floor Unveiled!!

I am almost completely done with unpacking, organizing, and hanging pictures on the walls! It has only taken over a month, but I am so happy to finally be able to sit back and enjoy our new space. When we came back after the holidays it was wonderful to actually have places to put all of the things we brought back!!

This is the master bedroom. Through the door is the huge walk in closet and then directly attached to that is the master bath. I don't have pictures of those two areas because they were too dirty!! I love the attention to detail the owners chose! I think this wall is just wallpapered and then they used thin strips of wood to give it a neat geometrical design! You can see in the second picture that the ceiling is very interesting! The high ceilings throughout the house make it seem much bigger than it actually is! They have also put floor heating on all levels, which has meant that we have not turned on the furnace one time. I love getting out of bed in the morning and walking on warm floors!

Our bed is extremely high because the owners had purchased a mattress from the US not knowing that we had brought ours. They didn't have any place to put it, so they suggested that we just put ours on the first floor with a drape over it. I would have nothing to do with that, so we are sleeping way off the ground, on our own mattress!!
This is El's "makeshift" bedroom. When we first saw the house, there were only two bedrooms on the second level, plus a sitting room. We really wanted all of the bedrooms to be on the same level, so we asked if they could turn the sitting room into a bedroom. They did this very creatively with glass doors with blinds in the middle. It took a while to get used to, but El loves her big room and she likes sticking things all over the glass!


This is one of El's "walls"!!
This is the area at the top of the stairs. There is a nice sized balcony right out the door that we have been unable to use due to the snow! It should be a nice little sitting area in the spring! We also have tons of storage (this whole wall is closet space!). No worries though, I am filling every nook that I have available!
This is Eens and Coop's room! They love playing in here, as you can see! They are very responsible on their bunk beds. Coop has only attempted being Batman a couple of times! I'm still trying to figure out what to put on the wall by their beds - I'm sure I'll think of something!

Next up will be the third floor! I'm off to IKEA tomorrow to buy some storage units for the kids toys. Once I get it all organized, I will take pictures to share!!

No comments: