Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Piled up Snowman!

I know this is a bit hard to see, but I wanted to capture the Chinese version of a snowman before our snow melts! You can see the two heads, which are smaller than the rest of the body sticking out. They basically pile the snow up into almost a triangle and then pat it down. Most of the snowmen I have seen all over the city do have real veggies for the eyes, ears, mouth, and nose! I think the reason they must build them like this is that the snow does not stick here - I have no idea why, but it would be almost impossible to roll what I consider to be a "proper" snowman!!

Hope warmer weather is heading your way!! It's been a cold winter here and it's still January!! Danny and I keep reminding ourselves that according to the lunar calendar, spring will be here shortly after Chinese New Year, which is the week of February 13 - 20. It's not too far away!!

No comments: