Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Channeling Jamie Oliver

I begged Danny to buy me some Jamie Oliver cookbooks for Christmas. He pretended like he was not getting them for me, but low and behold they appeared under the tree!! Now that I am cooking more during the week, I wanted to try some new recipes. Many of the dinners I cooked in the US used "easy" ingredients that I am unable to find here. Most of the recipes in these cookbooks use all fresh ingredients and I can find almost everything I need at either the fruit and veggie market or the supermarket!!

On Sunday I experimented with a creamy, spinach, mascarpone bowtie pasta dinner. It turned out great, even Eens ate all of his spinach because I told him it was just some "spice!! Next time I'll add even more spinach! The funny thing was that our dear British friends (who got me hooked on Jamie in the first place!) were out enjoying a meal at TGI Friday's!! I guess we are pretty good influences on each other!!

No comments: