Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just What the Dr Ordered!

After a rough week fighting sinuses, Danny and I escaped for a little on Saturday night for an adult dinner and to check out a new bar!! We went to our favorite Sichuan restaurant called South Beauty with our dear friends! It was just the four of us, which was a rare treat!! The food is extremely spicy, which I cannot handle well, but I love it. (This was another great way to clear the sinuses!!) The waitress kept telling us that we were ordering too much food - 9 dishes for 4 people, but she didn't understand that Danny and I could only eat about 2 bites off of the really spicy plates, so we needed some variety to keep us going!! I bet we ate a lot more than she thought we could!!

After our mouths were thoroughly burning, we needed to cool off, so we went to a new German bar that recently opened. There are very few bars in Tianjin that I would suggest to go to just to hang out, but this one was great! The decor was just what you would expect in a German bar and the servers were completely playing the part as you can see from their uniforms!!
There were several musical acts, but this guy was my favorite!! I have no idea what he was singing because it was all in Chinese, but apparently it was really good, given the amount of beer people placed on stage and the tips he was given!!
This was a fruit platter that they offered you when you sat down. Very elaborate!!

I am so thankful for good friends who find humor in the little things and appreciate the beauty of this crazy world we live in!!

Cheers and hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

sounds like a well-deserved night out! I love the Asian man in the German attire--that cracked me up.