Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's official - he's in kindergarten!

On Monday Eensie had his first day of kindergarten. I promised myself that I wouldn't cry, I mean he went to school all day last year, this year wouldn't be much different. Apparently I was wrong because the tears were flowing out of both of our eyes. My brave little boy walked quietly to the proper line in the gymnasium and as I turned to go, thinking all was well, I saw the tears in the corner of his eyes. That did me in and I had to look away so he wouldn't see me cry. He asked me to stay for a bit, so I held his hand as tight as I could and together we made it to the classroom. We were both on the verge of tears the entire time we were saying hello to friends and getting his locker organized. We finally discovered his class turtles - they brought a smile to his face and I knew he was going to be just fine!!"I'm not so sure about this kindy thing!"Ahhhh - the turtles save the day!!!

No comments: