Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bye Bye Blue Skies!

Last Wednesday we loaded our luggage and made the long flight over the North Pole to find our own beds once again!! The flight was pretty uneventful (we were very thankful for open seats so that the kids could stretch their legs and have a nice rest!). I was only able to sleep for about 2 hours the entire flight, so by the time we got home, I was counting the minutes until I could go to bed!!
This is the "big" cart at the airport!! We had a "small" one with our carry ons also!!
We have been very busy readjusting to not only the time, but the lifestyle here in China. One of the most difficult things for me is to look up and see grey skies. I was spoiled all summer with blue skies dotted with wonderful, puffy clouds! Here in Tianjin, we have had a lot of grey and a lot of heat (the other day it was 95 degrees at 8:30am)! Thankfully, I have been busy getting unpacked, playing with the kids, filling the fridge, and visiting with friends, so the grey skies have not brought me down yet, but I need to see the sun soon!!

Coming back this year was so different than when we first arrived last year. This year my ayi had the house completely cleaned and the towels were folded just the way I like them. She had bought milk, juices, fruit, bread, bagels, and even cream cheese! She had fresh flowers (thanks Karen!) in vases! And best of all, when we saw her, she was a familiar smiling face! This year we had friends that we had truly missed over the summer who we were excited to see once again! This year we had our "stuff" in our house, so when we walked in the door the kids immediately ran to the third floor and pulled out all of their beloved toys! This year, there was not nearly as much fear of the unknown because we know that it's not always easy, but, it's an adventure that we are all on together!!

No comments: