Friday, August 21, 2009

Ice Cream has fantatstic healing powers!

On Monday Coop and I made a trip to "town" (meaning our downtown area of Tianjin) to pick up some groceries, get mommy a much deserved Starbucks, and check out what, if anything new had sprung up over the summer.
I bribed Coop with some Coldstone ice cream if he could just behave himself in the car. There was a lot of traffic and it was raining, so it was not a quick trip. Coop's problem in the car is that if he sees something he finds particularly interesting (which is basically everything) he needs to share it with you. If you are unable to spin your head around within 1 second so you do not miss the very interesting thing he is pointing at then he gets extremely mad. We solved this problem in the states because I was driving. He understood that mommy had to watch the road, but here, I'm sitting right beside him so in his mind, there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to or want to see the world through his eyes!!
The ride was actually quite painless, so I delivered on my promise to provide the boy with ice cream. Luckily, I thought in advance and knew that there was a Starbucks in the same food court, so I would get my coffee and he could get his ice cream and then we could sit and have a lovely chat!! Well, my plan veered off course when we discovered this...

Yes, dear readers, Dippin Dots (or at least the Chinese version) has arrived in Tianjin. Now, we actually have a choice between two different ice creams. We don't usually have many choices here, so it took several trips back and forth between each store, for Coop to decide on Coldstone. He was very excited at Coldstone because they now carry cotton candy - his American favorite!! We had our lovely chat and I unintentionally ate half of his ice cream - I think maybe cotton candy ice cream is underated! It was a perfect treat on a rainy, grey day in Tianjin!

No comments: