Saturday, May 30, 2009

We're Filling the House!!

I have always loved furniture and putting together spaces in our houses, but I really thought that being here would hinder my ability to do these two things! Thankfully, I am using my creativity, and despite a bit of smudged paint in places, I have been able to update our house here. Over the past week I had our office painted because I couldn't live with the white walls anymore. I just did a light chestnut, it makes the room a bit softer and more inviting! I also had my entryway painted red to match the wall in our family room. The primary reason for this was the white wall was showing my lovable children's handprints. I was worried that the red may make the space look smaller, but it just makes it a little more cozy!!

Of course, if I get new paint, I really need new furniture! Actually, it was the other way around...I bought new furniture and insisted that we needed to have some of the spaces painted!! Last month I picked out several new pieces and one old piece of "Asian inspired" furniture. I didn't want any difficulty in importing the things I have bought here back to the US, so the new pieces are actually reproductions of older pieces! It is fun buying all these pieces and imagining how they will fit in with all of our furniture that is in storage in the states!! Oh, the possibilities are endless!!

Our "old" entryway table and nine dragon screen carving...Our "new" chair and table set - the chairs have a little peony carved in the back...The "new" altar table with Danny's dragon vases on each side!

No comments: