Sunday, May 3, 2009

Be Fit in May!!

Last Thursday the kids participated in a Be Fit in May day at school. The classes (PK - grade 2) went to six different stations which were comprised of activities they do in gym class! They ran a 100 meter dash (which I need to brag that Ellie actually won in her group - of course, I missed the race, but I'm still proud!!), played bean bag toss, did the long jump, ran 400 meters (which is pretty far for my little Eens!!), carried an egg on a spoon, and then did a relay race with balls!! The kids had a ton of fun, so much so that after we had a picnic lunch and I left, I got a text from Eensie's teacher that he was asleep!! I'm pretty sure the heat and running 400 meters wiped him out! Eens and Oscar are contemplating how they can carry the egg without dropping it!!
I think Eens enjoyed this activity, it was nice and slow!!
My tall daughter on her way down with the egg!
He may have come in last, but he finished the 400 meter run!! Later, we talked about it and we decided that coming in last wasn't so bad because you got to run for a longer period of time!! Not so sure I agree with this, but it made him feel better!!
Ellie and Kate taking a break!
And she's off!! El preparing for the whistle at the start of the 400!
I was always terrible at the long jump, but it looks like it could be El's thing!!
Eens and Markus hanging out in between activities!!
Coopie was with his class when I first arrived. Of course, this lasted for a total of 2 minutes when he decided that he would rather follow mommy!! I didn't mind though! He is now into telling me every other minute how much he loves me and if we are apart for a little bit, he tells me he misses me so much!! Sweet little guy!!

No comments: