Thursday, May 14, 2009

Roses, roses everywhere!

Summer is upon us here in Tianjin (according to the lunar calendar!), which I am completely grateful for!! The kids are outside nearly every afternoon until dinnertime wearing themselves out and getting incredibly dirty due to the very dry climate! The only problem I have found with the change of seasons is the daylight coming upon us at 5:00am. We do not practice daylight savings time here, so for over a month, Coopie has been waking at 5:30, happy as can be, ready to start the day!! When will he learn that just because it is so bright that it might as well be noon, it is NOT time to get up!! I tried bribery last weekend, but it didn't work!!

I am enjoying all of the flowers and vegetation in full bloom! Last year when we arrived, it was extremely hot and I was extremely stressed, so I didn't really pay any attention to my surroundings (except of course, the dirt - I did notice that!!). Now I understand why Tianjin is called the "city of roses", they are everywhere! Here are a few small gardens in our compound!

No comments: