Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

I'm sitting here at 5:30am (of course, with the amount of light outside, one would think it was 12:00pm!) and couldn't stop thinking of all the wonderful mother's that are a part of my life, Danny's life, and the children's lives!! I'm sending huge hugs to my dear mommy friends who are too far away, many who have played mommy to my own children on more than one occassion! I miss you dearly and on special days like today, I miss you even more!

I'm also sending huge hugs to my grandma, who is so full of life and love. The kids cannot wait to jump in the big chair with you (they have grown a bit since December gram so you may need a bigger chair!!) and tell you a hundred and one stories (all at the same time!)! I miss you so much grandma, I cannot wait to see you and here all of YOUR stories!!

I'm also sending huge hugs to Danny's mom!! You have accepted me as your own daughter from day one and I will always be so grateful for that love you have given me! I know you have made great sacrifices for Danny when he was a wee boy and you continue to do that for all of us even now! I miss seeing you and doing all the silly things we do! I miss watching the way you are so patient with the kids during a "project"!! Thank goodness for Nai Nai or else my kids would never be interested in the arts!! We all miss you, but even though you are far, you are a huge part of our life in China...we have a better understanding now of you and a day rarely goes by when someone doesn't say, "That's why mom/Nai Nai does ...."! Part of this adventure we are on is for the opportunity to fully imerse ourselves in the Chinese culture and give us all an understanding about the joys and struggles these people have that one can never understand in the Western world! Thank you for helping us along this very bumpy road we call life right now!!

I'm also sending huge hugs to my dear sister (and I'm sure soon enough this will include my sister in law and my baby sis!!). Even though you are the younger one, you have no idea how much you have taught me about motherhood. You probably do not know how much I miss our daily talks. It seems that not one conversation went by without you, in your quiet and composed way, giving me something to hold dear to my heart! I am so happy we are going through motherhood together, you always give me hope, even on the days when I want to pull my hair out! I love you so much and I love watching you love my nieces and nephews with every inch of your heart!!

And, of course, I'm also sending huge hugs to my own mother, mom, best friend, and the list goes on. How I have been blessed with you as my mother, I will never know, but I will be forever thankful!! (Okay, now the tears are flowing...I think I was in need of a good cry!) I'm sure if I told you that you are my inspiration for making the most out of living in China, Chicago, New Hampshire, Bettendorf, you would probably laugh. I know you grew up living in the same town where everyone was within walking distance and I know that is probably the life you envisioned for all of us. But, when dad needed you the most, you showed us all that you were much tougher and could hold our family together wherever we may be located. Tremont may not have been China, but I'm sure to you, it felt like you were a world away from your safety zone! Mom, you never let on how much you must have missed grandmas and grandpas and your sisters, you jumped right in and made new friends and insisted we do the same. At the time, you probably also never realized how the simple things you did would make such a huge impact on me in the future!! Not a day goes by that I do not long for a hug from you and honestly (I know this one may be pushing it), just to smell you! I am happy here in China and I do believe that thus far, we would all say this has been one of the most fascinating, positive experiences of our lives, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I miss you!! Anytime I think of our reunion (in less than a month), tears of joy fill my eyes! Thank you mom for loving me, supporting me, agreeing with me, and inspiring me on a daily basis!! I love you!!

Happy Mothers Day to all of you wonderful, fantastic, crazy, loving moms!! Enjoy your special day and know that you are loved!!

3 comments:

tjmummy said...

Your post made me tear up too!
Happy mothers' day!

And glad your parents are coming real soon!

See you on Wed!

Laura said...

I am crying too!! Glad you were there when I became a mommy. Best day (night!) of my life!

Nai-Nai said...

Dearest Kimmie,

Thank you for a beautiful note. I have always wanted a beautiful daughter and now I have one too (if your Mom does not mind). You have always been so easy to love! Thank you for being you and for taking such good care of your family. Someone was looking after Daniel when he met you and for that I will always be thankful. I am grateful that you are appreciating China and its long difficult history. If there is ever going to be peace in the world, I am convinced that realizing that people share more in common than differences will do alot toward that goal. All of us just want to be able to love and take care of our families. Bless you and we do love you!