Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wednesday Playdate!

Every Wednesday, the kids get out of school early and they are usually home by 2:45. Wednesdays have typically been our playdate days because the kids have more time to play and the mommies have more time to chat! It works out quite nicely! This past Wednesday we arranged a playdate with our new neighbors and my friend Anna and her children. Our new neighbor's son, Jordan, is in Coop's class and so is Anna's little boy Justus! I'm pretty sure this was Coop's first playdate - he usually tags along to play with Eens or El's friends!!

I actually met Anna through this blog!! She had googled children's birthday parties in Tianjin and my blog popped up. She read a bit and realized that it was my dear son Eens who had thrown sand in her sweet Justus's eyes on one of the first days of school! I was horrified, but thankfully, she has two boys so she completely understood that sometimes they can be aggressive! I am so happy that Coop is now in Justus's class because I get to see her a lot more socially!!

First, we went to Audrey's house and had snacks (I had to make dirt pudding because I found all natural gummy worms here!!)! Then we released them to the wild to play outside. I decided that it would be no problem if I finish my yummy cup of frothy coffee before going out to supervise, we were in our compound and there are gurads at the gate! I really didn't stay in that long when I decided I had better check on the kids. I found Eens and El right away, but Coop was no where to be found. I checked both parks, the house, Audrey's house again, and still no Coop. At this point my heart had dropped into my stomach and I was pretty concerned - he's usually so loud that I can find him wherever he goes. Ellie started looking and sure enough she found him within minutes hiding on the side of one of the houses. That little stinker!! I'm pretty sure over the course of the afternoon we lost a couple more children, but only for a bit!!
Ellie and her friends put on a dance for us!!
It was a great afternoon and it made me realize that I am really going to miss our friends and the security of our little compound this summer!

1 comment:

tjmummy said...

I used your tips, now I am blog hopping again! Hooray!

and the snack you made was very yummy, T enjoyed it a lot.

J has less playdates too, so this is one of the rare times that it is HIS day.