Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chinese Wiener Roast!!


Yes, this is what Danny and my mom came up with for the name of our “farewell” barbeque at mom and dad’s house! Mom was sweet enough to invite my siblings, and aunts and uncles over a few days before we had to say good-bye. A Chinese wiener roast was quite appropriate since my dear children ate at least one hot dog a day while we were in the states! I’m not so sure what is so appealing about American hot dogs, but they sure loved them. I’m hoping this is just a phase and when they are readily available they will get tired of eating them!


While we didn’t actually roast the wieners (we put them on the grill so we could enjoy some other meat also!!), we did get to roast marshmallows. It was a close call though because a fierce storm came in right as Danny got the fire going in the fire pit. Thankfully, the rain came and went quickly and the kids got to eat their s’mores (another favorite treat now!!)!





No comments: