Monday, July 26, 2010

A Story of True Love!!

I know, I know...it’s a bit corny, but when I see Steph and Jeff, that is what I think! Last Saturday, two kindred spirits were united in marriage and we could not be happier for the newlyweds!


I feel a bit responsible for the happy couple...their love story began over the summer of 2007. I had my hands full with three kids 5 and under, Steph had just finished undergraduate and was waiting to start her teaching position in the fall, and we were beginning to train for an October marathon! Danny came up with the idea that Steph could live with us and nanny for the summer while we were training!! Before she arrived at our house, she went on a little jaunt across the pond to Europe with one of her best friend’s! Our parent’s gave each of us a sum of money when we graduated college, three of us were practical and used it to help purchase cars, but Steph (always a bit difficult while growing up!) made the decision to keep the clunker that she had been driving throughout college and flew off, unbeknownst to her, to find the love of her life!!


When Steph arrived at our house I could tell there was something going on. She didn’t come straight out and say anything, but she began spending a lot of time on messenger. By a lot of time, I mean she would start around 7:30 and go until at least 11:00pm! I finally got it out of her on a run that she had met a guy who was on the same tour as she was. I joked with her that she had met the man of her dreams, who hailed from upstate New York, in Paris! At the time it seemed like a summer crush, even though she reassured me that it was more!


We talked a lot that summer while out running up to 20 miles, and as time went on, I began to realize that as strange as it seemed, this may be something big! Steph and Jeff both seemed committed to trying to make it work despite the miles! As fall came, they started flying back and forth to see each other for long weekends, and then sometime after Christmas, Steph announced that Jeff was moving to Morton, Illinois to be with her!! Me, being a bit of a skeptic, pointed out that he didn’t have a job, she had a tiny apartment, and they didn’t really know each other. But, apparently they knew what they were doing because within a month of him arriving, he had a job, they got a bigger apartment, and they were both over the moon happy to be together!


A year after they began living together, Jeff “popped” the question and the planning began! On July 17, 2010 my baby sister became Mrs. Stephanie Bishop!! Welcome to the family Jeff and congratulations to you both!!


We were so blessed to spend the day with Steph and Jeff. Every last detail was absolutely perfect. They wanted a happy, colorful, joyful event to celebrate their love and that is exactly what they got! We cried, we laughed, we chatted, we sang, and we danced all night long!! I’m pretty sure the pictures will speak for themselves...


I think they like a "little chicken fried"!!
Our new friend Barry put up with us during our lovely singing on the limo ride to the reception!



And they lived happily ever after!!

No comments: