Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hollywood here we come..

Hollywood Studios, that is!! For those of you who know me, you know that I cannot be within an hour’s proximity and not visit the “World”! So, on our third day in Florida we drove off in the early morning to Hollywood Studios! My dad was even brave enough and agreed to go with us for the three days we were going to be there (I think if you asked him, he would say he had a great time, except he wasn’t too impressed with the kids fighting over a silly fan water bottle!)


Ellie, dad, and I went straight towards the Rockin Roller Coaster, while mom and the boys headed to Toy Story Mania. Mom doesn’t ride roller coasters and Coop‘s height didn’t qualify, so they got to spend some quality time bonding with Eens who doesn’t like any ride that is remotely fast! This was my first time on this roller coaster because there is always a long line. I’m not so sure I would have let Ellie ride it if I had known the speeds it reaches within about 5 seconds! Luckily it was a short ride because I was still shaking for at least 30 minutes after we were finished!!!

My aunt, who owns Magic Touch Vacations (she books all of our trips to Disney along with our dining arrangements!), booked our meals for us and this time we tried a restaurant I had not been to before, the 50’s Prime Time Cafe. Imagine Leave it to Beaver’s house and that is what we ate in. The wait staff was definitely in character and our waitress gave us rules straight away! Leave it to my father to not follow her rule of “no elbows on the table”. She gently reminded him a few times, but after that she had had enough. She proceeded to squirt ketchup along the table to keep his elbows down! It worked wonderfully - I think I should use some of the discipline tactics from the 50’s on my sweet children!! Another waiter got tired of refilling his customer’s coke, so he brought him three full glasses and a pitcher! Of course, this was all in good fun, and it had us giggling away! But, I don’t think my kids realized it was all an act because they were very well behaved!!

It was very hot and crowded, but watching the kids faces as they saw new things, like the Indiana Jones Stunt Show and the Muppets 3D, made it all worth it!! Coop also was fascinated with Lotso (the new evil bear in Toy Story 3), so we had to watch him for a bit - Coop didn’t want to go near him, he just wanted to watch from a distance!!



After we saw all of the attractions that we wanted to, we went to check into our cabin and rest before we were off to Magic Kingdom for the nighttime festivities!!


No comments: