Friday, July 23, 2010

Pre-wedding Jitters?


Nope, not here, just a little joyride!! This apparatus was at the mani/pedi salon that we went to on Friday before the big day! Apparently, this machine is to help strengthen your abs, but it actually hurt me more than helped me!! I felt like I had just been on a very naughty horse!! Hehe!! Steph was able to relax a bit before all of the festivities began - thank goodness she didn’t take a joyride!!

After our nails were finished (complete with flowers on the big toe!), we prepared for the rehearsal and the dinner hosted by Jeff’s lovely parents! The rehearsal took a bit out of me because Danny was still up in Chicago recovering from his 30 some hour trip to get back from India, so I was on my own! I’m used to having my mom help me, but she had her own duties, so I tried (rather unsuccessfully) to corral the boys! They did walk down the aisle, but I was not convinced it would go well on Saturday!!

Once we all arrived at the rehearsal dinner, it was time to relax and meet some of Jeff’s wonderful friends and relatives who came from upstate New York to celebrate with them! The dinner was at Jim’s Steakhouse, which is a cook your own steak restaurant! We had our own private room with a huge grill and salad bar just for us! Gaging from the huge steaks that were thrown on the grill, I can comfortably claim that no one left hungry! Jeff’s parents, Therese and Kevin, went over the top on making everyone feel welcome. They even provided the children with buckets full of activities to keep them busy! Coop was most impressed with his whoopie cusion - I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I had to blow that thing up!! Thanks Therese!!

Yes, he is sitting on his whoopie cushion!!

After a great night’s sleep, with our tummies full and excitement in the air, I slowly woke up to the marimba sound on my iPhone! Ellie and I were meeting all of the girls to get our hair done! Mom brought bagels and mimosas to set the atmosphere and we all giggled in the end because although we told our stylist we wanted something different, we all had the same hair style!! I felt like I had a little beehive on top, but after some smashing and pulling of loose strands, I felt a little more comfortable! Steph’s hair was gorgeous and that was a good thing!!

After our hair was thoroughly sprayed, Ellie and I went to check into the hotel, and then back to mom and dad’s for a quick reunion with Danny!! I was so thankful that he safely made it down!! He was a bit tired, but in good spirits! It was such a nice feeling knowing he was there - a little pressure was off of me to keep the kids in line!!


Next stop was the church!!

No comments: