Monday, July 5, 2010

One Way Road Trip!

My mom, dad, the kids and I are currently on a "road trip"!! On Saturday we drove all day and into the night to make it to their new house in Florida! The trip took us a bit over 17 hours and the kids were fantastic! I had unrealistic ideas that they would enjoy the landscape and play car bingo all the way down, but they really weren't interested in my games! Thankfully the DS's were loaded with new games and I had bought new DVD's for the DVD player! Maybe in a few years they will enjoy the giant Cross off of the interstate, the huge Superman in Metropolis, IL, the people camping and boating, or the mountains, but for now they are entranced with technology! When I am brave enough, I will take the gadgets away and make them be creative like I had to when I was little! (One of my creative ideas was to put little pieces of gum in T's hair - that obviously did not go over well with my parents!)

I can't wait to share all of the adventures we are having when we get back this weekend! I already have tons of pictures to share!! We are actually flying back on Saturday - a one way road trip is enough for now to test the waters!!

No comments: